Hey there, blog fans!
I’m a HUGE fan of Halloween and love nothing better than curling up with a horror film or book. So, in the spirit of the season, let’s delve a little deeper in to the murky depths and see what answers we find..
1. Do you believe in ghosts? Hmm. A tentative yes. I think there’s something to all of the stories about bumps in the night as they must have started from somewhere. My mum, however, is 100% convinced & has her own experiences to back this up.
2. How old were you when you stopped trick or treating? With no shame at all, I was about 14. The youngest in my village at the time, I’d just discovered gothic makeup and wanted to go all out. This was that final outfit. The arrow is taken from a Marilyn Manson album. Rebellious, non?
3. Would you rather be haunted or do the haunting? Haunting. No question. I’d want to be a mischievous poltergeist!
4. What’s your favorite Halloween character/creature? (dracula, witch, ghost, etc) Freddy Krueger. I love him. He’s my favourite horror … well, anything!
5.What is your favorite Halloween movie? Any of the Nightmare on Elm Street films or just anything that’s actually scary. I’ve picked up a few J-horror films I haven’t seen yet for this year so will be indulging in those.
6. What is your fondest Halloween memory? As a family, we used to spend half term breaks at a caravan park in Devon. The Friday would always be Halloween night and all the kids on the campsite would get dressed up. It was great fun as everyone made costumes from whatever they could grab in the camp shop (think bin-bag ghosts and toilet roll mummies).
7. Vampires or zombies? Hmm.. 28 Days Later style zombies are my favourite but I’m a big fan of the Nosferatu-esque vampire as well. Definitely not Twilight ones though, never Twilight.
8. What is your weird/odd fear? How long have you got? I suffer from apotemnophobia, which also makes me feel like a terrible person. I’m also “afraid”, in the bog standard sense, of umbrellas, the dark, moths and Daddy-Long Legs.
9. What’s your favourite game at Halloween Parties? Murder in the dark. I can remember playing this and giggling so hard I was always found first. One year, I’d just found my friend and as they stood up they head-butted me in the chin. I bit my tongue so hard that there was blood everywhere. My folks had to be called and I couldn’t eat solid food for a week.
10. Are you dressing up this year and, if so, as what? As I’ll be at the wedding of the year on November 1st, I’m missing out on all the Halloween parties so won’t be dressing up. Luckily though, I had the joy of working at Scardiff last week and spent the day in full zombie make-up.
11. What is the best costume you’ve ever seen? There’s a club in Cardiff called Metros, a basement club that’s essentially a long corridor with 2 small alcoves off it. One year, this guy showed up as Michael Myers from the film Halloween. He spent the whole night stood near the dance floor, not moving. People were going up and getting their photos with him and he never moved at all. Freaky!
12. What is your least favourite Halloween costume? Mean Girls said “In Girl World, Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it” and this is so true. Any “slutty” spin on a horror movie classic s annoy me but the winner definitely goes to anyone dressing as a “sexy” Chucky Doll. Ain’t no one got time for that.
Let me know if you take part in any Halloween tags, I’d love to read them!