I’m not going to lie, I’ve really struggled with this post.
A mix of too many other things happening and epic stagnation at work left me a bit low on inspiration this week. So, I apologise if this post is a bit dulldulldull.
One of my resolutions was to post something once a week and, gosh darn it, I’m sticking to that! At a loss of what to write though, I’m taking a leaf out of many other bloggers books and going with a generic “things you probably didn’t want to know about me but that I’m going to tell you anyway” post.
Sit back, enjoy and maybe don’t be too harsh in the comments section..
1. My mum let my dad choose my name. He’s a HUGE Elvis fan and named me Lisa-Marie. I never, ever, ever use my full name avec hyphen.
2. I grew up in a tiny village in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. It looks a lot like The Shire, just with more trees.
3. Growing up, we had a dog called Scruff, four goats in the back garden, the occasional Shetland pony in the front garden and a constant turnover of rabbits and guinea pigs. I’ve never been without a pet. When I moved to Cardiff I had Giant African Land Snails, Goldfish and now cats.
4. I very rarely wear make-up.
5. Six months after passing my driving test, I tried to overtake a tractor… on a blind hill… on a country lane. I drove for a little while after but sold the car when I moved to Cardiff and haven’t driven for 11yrs
6. Fears include: the dark, umbrellas, half-open doors and daddy long legs.
7. I have apotemnophobia, which means I’m terrified of amputees (human and animal) and it makes me feel like a terrible person.
8. I’m incredibly easily distracted by shiny things and animals.
9. Possibly linked to the above, my time-keeping is abysmal.
10. I don’t have a single favourite colour. I love green, red and purple equally.
11. I don’t own any spotty clothes. I just don’t like polka dots. I’m very much a stripes person.
12. I was friends with my partner for 9yrs before we made the leap in to a relationship. We’ve been together just over 2yrs now and I couldn’t be happier.
13. The only foods I can’t stand are bananas, liver and broad beans. Yuck!
14. I’m a sucker for a good smile. Think: Seth Green, the Fassbender, the Hiddleston & Ewan McGregor . Yum!
15. I have 3 tattoos (2 snails and a star) with drawn up plans for 4 more. I just need money.
16. I generally have 3 books on the go at once. Currently it’s Ghost Story by Peter Straub, Doctor Sleep by Stephen King and by Under the Paw Tom Cox
17. I regularly suffer from insomnia and restless leg syndrome but on the upside have got wicked good at Pixel Dungeon.
18. I’ve never hated anyone. Ever. Not even ex-partners.
19. I absolutely adore winter. I’m much happier snuggled up in scarves and hats.
20. I love Dr Martens boots and, at the time of writing this, own 9 pairs.
21. I know you’re not supposed to but quite often I do just choose books based on their covers.
22. My long term memory is terrible. There’s actually very little that I remember from my childhood first hand.
23. If I could be any other person, it would either Tank Girl or Kirstie Allsop. Obviously this is dependant on the situation.
24. My taste in music is random and ranges from a deep love for Nine Inch Nails, through folk bands like Dry the River and out on the other side with Bryan Adams.
25. Much like Ramona Flowers, I’m a lover of herbal teas and hair dying.
So, there it is. 25 random facts that you never wanted to know about me.